Tuesday, May 11, 2010

VISA. Check. Flights. Check. - 86 days to go.

The American Consulate in Sydney is extremely institutional. You get a
ticket and take a seat; wait for an hour or so for your number to be
called. You go to different counters, all with solid glass between you
and the Government officer, and a microphone and speaker to
communicate through. Give this person that; answers another's
questions; a different window takes your fingerprints and another
takes your cash. As impersonal as it is, I have to admit all the staff
were very nice and damn, they are efficient – within 24 hours I
managed to get my passport back (they must have sent it within hours
of me giving it to them).

I have my J-1 VISA and I have booked my Qantas flights! I am going
Brisbane (BNE) to Los Angeles (LAX) on August 5th. LAX to New York
(JFK) on August 11th. I then plan to make my way to Indianapolis by a
domestic carrier on August 14th. I will be departing JFK to return to
BNE on December 22nd and arriving on Christmas Eve! 86 days to go –
but who's counting?

0 comments:

Post a Comment